Seymour July 30- Just a reminder, because the Outagamie County Fair is in Seymour this week, there will be no racing at Seymour Raceway Park on Sunday July 31.
Racing will resume next Sunday, August 7.
Kelsey Coatings and 1st Choice Auto Sales will be sponsoring the program including the Kids Club Coin Toss at intermission.
Racing starts at 6 PM SHARP.
Oshkosh, July 24 - 10 PM – It is never an easy decision to have to cancel a race, and today was a very difficult one to make at Seymour Raceway Park.
It rained at the track heavy on Saturday night and everything was very wet and soggy. It poured in Oshkosh Sunday morning at 8, and I talked to Bobby at the track. The rain missed the track and with the forecast saying sunny by noon, felt everything would be fine for racing later in the day.
I arrived at the track at 10:45 and conditions were the same and you could wring out the air. Just before 2, we could still not even walk on the track, it was so wet, and, the sky was cloudy and air still soggy.
We discussed options and really did not want to have a repeat of the last race, and felt that was what would happen. At 2:30 things were still the same and I decided to cancel.
We did discuss waiting a bit longer but I did not want to have drivers haul to the track and go through the packing and late start like we did 2 weeks ago. I cannot express my gratitude for the support and co-operation that night from everyone at the track, and it turned out OK.
We posted on facebook and the web site starting at 2:30. Did not find out until later when people showed up at the track and said that the information did not appear on the web site. I did find it later as a draft and do not know why that happened. Will find out though. I apologize to anyone that made the trip for nothing. I would never do something like that on purpose.
Regardless of where you were, the sun did not come out at the track until after 4. We also got a breeze that also knocked out the humidity. But that was, and would have been too late. You could still not get on the track at that time and it was 7 when you could finally walk on the top half.
I am grateful for the support at Seymour Raceway Park this season. I have done this for a long time and don’t know how I PO’d the weather gods, but they have not been kind. 4 races in and now 6 cancelled.
There are times when you are damned no matter what you do, and it makes it more difficult when circumstances are out of your control.
With the Outagamie County Fair in town, there is no racing this Sunday. We will re-group and get ready to return in 2 weeks.
Again, my heartfelt gratitude for your support this season and hope you can continue that to help complete our first season.
Promoter - Seymour Raceway Park
SRP IS RACING TONIGHT
Seymour – Sunday July 24 – 9:15 AM- It appears the weather will co-operate today as the last storm cell just past the track with just a brief, light shower. There was rain there last night, but the forecast shows clearing and sunny by noon.
It will be all systems GO for tonights racing program at Seymour Raceway Park.
WDLMA Late Models will join the Street Stocks, IMCA Sport Mods and Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars on the 1/3 mile banked clay oval for a full night of racing action.
Pit gates open at 3 PM.
Entry is $25.00 with discounts for minors.
Late sign in and WDLMA draw cut off for 5:15
Drivers meeting at 5:30
Racing at 6PM
Grandstand opens at 4 PM
Adults 19-54 $13.00
Students 13-18 and seniors 55+ $9.00
Kids 12 and under FREE with paid adult.
Bonnie will have the SRP concessions ready to go with the Custard machine well stocked for cones and root beer floats. We will also have ice available to help with the warm weather.
We invite you to join us for a big night of GREAT dirt short track racing at Seymour Raceway Park. Racing begins at 6 PM.
- SRP Sunday July 24
- SRP RAINED OUT TODAY, JULY 17
- SRP OPEN FOR TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT
- Still On Tonight!
- GREAT DIRT TRACK RACING TONIGHT, SUNDAY JULY 10
- SRP UPDATE FOR SUNDAY JULY 10
- SRP Sunday June 10
- BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT AT SRP
- IRA SPRINTS AND IMCA MODIFIEDS INVADE SRP SUNDAY JULY 3
- SRP WET....AGAIN
- Badger Midgets and Micro 600 join SRP Sunday night
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK, SUNDAY JUNE 19
- SRP TODAY, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- SRP TOMORROW, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT, TUESDAY JUNE 7
- WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN
- SRP - TONIGHT - Sunday June 5th
- SRP RAINED OUT
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
Page 3 of 46