Seymour July 12 – There is a test and tune scheduled for tonight at Seymour Raceway Park, and is open to anyone wishing to work on their cars or just get seat time.
Pit will open at 4:30. There as a 15.00 pit fee for anyone entering the pit.
Track will be open from 5 – 8 PM
Grandstand will be open free for anyone wanting to watch.
GREAT DIRT TRACK RACING TONIGHT AT SRP
Seymour, Sunday July 10 – 9:15 AM - A full night of activity is planned for the 1/3 mile banked clay oval at Seymour Raceway Park.
The Grand National Stock Cars will be joining the regular lineup tonight, running a full program topped by a 20 lap main event with a $400 check for the winner.
The Street Stock, IMCA Sport Mod and Coors Light IMCA Stock Car divisions will be in full force tonight to continue their quest for season championships.
Even though weather has won out more times this year than racing, the racing has been very competitive each week.
Jeff Jungwirth leads the way in the Street Stock division with a 6 point margin over Gary Kasperek. Both are feature winners this season and are consistanly in the top 5. Paul Ambrosius is next 3 points behind in third with defending champion, Allan Schlueter 1 behind him in fourth. Lexii Ashcraft rounds out the top 5 spots.
The IMCA Sport Mods see J.J. Andersen, Lucas Lamberies and Travis Arenz only 4 points apart in the first three spots. Each has won a feature this season. Scott Besaw is having a great season so far to be sitting in fourth place and Chris Budzban and Kevin Bethke are tied for fifth.
Defending Coors Light IMCA Stock Car champion, Travis Van Straten, currently leads the point standings with 119. He won the first 2 features this season and is chased by the latest winner, Chas Van Ooyen, who sits with 113. Travis Springstroh is having a great season and site third with 110. Jeremy Wiitala and Dylan Heilmann round out the top five.
The Grand Nationals are coming in for the first time in several years. Usually part of the Spring Thaw race, the event has not been able to run for 2 seasons and this year was not on the schedule due to the track re surfacing project.
The drivers are looking forward to taking on the banked oval here.
The GN return has spiked a “conversation” between them and some SS drivers, which has produced a challenge which will be decided in a special Grudge Race tonight. Three cars from each division will run a special 6 lap race following their feature runs and the Sport Mod main. Three cars from the Richards GN garage will take on current SS point leader, Jeff Jungwirth, Steve Ecker and Ryan Blank.
Winner not only gets a trophy, but, probably more importantly, the bragging rights.
The pit gates open at 3 PM
Late sign in and Draw cut off for the GN cars is 5:15.
Pit fee is $25.00 with discounts for minors. NO other entry fees.
Drivers meeting at 5:30.
Racing at 6.
Grandstand opens at 4
Adults 19-54 $13.00
Students 13 – 18 and seniors 55+ $9.00
Kids 12 and under FREE with paid adult.
Kids can also sign up for the Kids Club free of charge.
Seymour Raceway Park is also hosting the monthly Test and Tune session this Tuesday from 5 – 8 PM. Pit fee is $15.00. Grandstand is open free of charge to watch.
We hope to see you all TONIGHT at Seymour Raceway Park, and appreciate choosing to support the great dirt track racing every week.
- SRP UPDATE FOR SUNDAY JULY 10
- SRP Sunday June 10
- BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT AT SRP
- IRA SPRINTS AND IMCA MODIFIEDS INVADE SRP SUNDAY JULY 3
- SRP WET....AGAIN
- Badger Midgets and Micro 600 join SRP Sunday night
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK, SUNDAY JUNE 19
- SRP TODAY, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- SRP TOMORROW, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT, TUESDAY JUNE 7
- WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN
- SRP - TONIGHT - Sunday June 5th
- SRP RAINED OUT
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
Page 2 of 44