Seymour, September 14- N.E.W. DIRT held their regular monthly meeting Monday night at Doxbees.
When the last race on Labor Day was cancelled, the club officers tentatively set this Sunday, September 20, as the replacement date. Most responded that was not a good choice with other races going on and the Packer game on Sunday night.
The issue was brought up and discussed with the members at the meeting. A vote was taken and it was unanimous decision NOT to hold a race this week. Effectively ending the season for 2015 at the Seymour Speedway
Track Champions will be final as of the last race:
BUDWEISER IMCA MODIFIEDS - Eric Scribner
COORS LIGHT IMCA STOCK CARS – Travis Van Straten
O’REILLY AUTO PARTS IMCA SPORT MODS – Jeremy Cota
TURBO BLUE STREET STOCKS – Allan Schlueter
4 CYLINDERS – Kasey Gross
The champions and other drivers will be honored at the awards banquet which will be held at Doxbees on Saturday night, November 14. More information will be available at the October 5th election meeting, and will be mailed following the meeting.
The issues that led to the final race being cancelled were also discussed.
The state notified club officers that there was in issue with Workmans Comp.
The club is working with the State office to get the issue cleared up.
Every avenue was taken to get things resolved before Labor Day, but with the holiday causing a short work week, it could not be completed, and when the final attempt failed at 5 PM on Saturday, it was decided to cancel the race due to the personal liabilities involved.
This was NOTHING to do with the track insurance and the club was NOT shut down.
The club officers regret the lousy ending to the season, and appreciate the input from the members while trying to get the issue rectified.
We would like to congratulate all of the champions and THANK all of the drivers, fans and sponsors for their support during the 2015 season.
Plans were discussed about 2016, with a preliminary date for the Spring Thaw on Saturday afternoon, April 2.
Elections for officers will be held a the next club meeting on Monday night, October 5th at 8PM at Doxbees.
Seymour, September 6-
REMINDER….. NO RACES TODAY IN SEYMOUR
SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY URGENT NEWS RELEASE
Seymour, September 5- Due to a situation that came up last week, we have now found out we cannot get it resolved by tomorrow, Sunday, September 6.
We have to cancel the racing program for tomorrow night at the Seymour Speedway.
Due to this being the final night and with four point battles so tight, we will run the final race on Sunday night, September 20, at the regular times.
Please pass the word.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
More information will be posted later.
N.E.W. DIRT Board
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
- Speedway ready for tomorrow, Sunday, August 9
- Kids Club Coint Toss this week
- Seymour rained out
- Racing ON tonight
- IRA Update #2 11 AM
- Seymour August 2 UPDATE
- IRA Sprints at Seymour TONIGHT, August 2
- IRA Sprints HERE tomorrow, Sunday August 2
- Racing returns THIS Sunday August 2 at Seymour
- NO RACE TODAY, JULY 26, IRA NEXT AUGUST 2
- Seymour off Sunday, July 26, IRA returns August 2
- Sunday, Race Day in Seymour. WDLMA joins the fun TONIGHT
- Seymour TOMORROW Sunday July 19
- Seymour Schedule Busy the Next 3 Weeks
- Practice TONIGHT
- Seymour TODAY July 12
- Seymour This Week, July 12
- Seymour TONIGHT July 5
- HAPPY 4TH
- Seymour this Sunday July 5
- Updates July 2
- Seymour TODAY June 28
Page 17 of 46